Tuesday, October 23, 2012

That one roll....

I had to take a little break after my shooting spree (I'm talking cameras, not guns here) after I spent $30 on processing and $70 on film IN ONE DAY back in August. I'm waiting for my funds to catch up to me. In the mean time, I did some fun toy camera photos at my friend Danielle's wedding and decided to shoot a little expired black and white film.

Here are some photos from the wedding. Shot with my lovely seafoam Savoy (which many people mistake for a purse..therefor the perfect accessory to have on my wrist at a wedding). I prepared reels ahead of time with Ektar100, e100g (which I had cross processed), and portra400.







Danielle's wedding was way back in September, so I didn't shoot anything from that point until about a week ago when I got a little stir crazy and decided I needed to wake up early and go for a walk. I already had some expired black and white film loaded into my trusty Pentax ME Super...which I had initially intended to develop myself at work, when I realized that I had another roll of exposed black and white film in my bag  from a year ago that I still had not developed...So I sent both of them to the lab.








 I like how abstract this one turned out. I hope I was going for some abstract reflective portrait, but I was probably just trying to take a picture of a squirrel.

This one reminds me of my grandpa. He always liked still lives.


Looking at this roll completely removed by time and comparing it to the roll I shot a week ago, I'd say I'm a little less moody...but then again maybe its time for another photo excursion to the cemetery!

Here are the photographs from last week:
















 The moral of my story is...1. shoot your friends (with a camera) even if it's their wedding. 2. get that roll that's been hanging out at the bottom of your messenger bag developed. Like yesterday.
















No comments:

Post a Comment